Shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number.
Privacy Complaints by California Residents:
Botanical Beach Babes, LLC complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). If you are a California resident, you have the right to request access to the personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months. You may make requests by contacting us as described below. Subject to certain exceptions under the law, you have the right to request that we delete any personal information we have collected from you under the rights of the CCPA.
Privacy Complaints by European Union Citizens:
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: Name, phone, email address
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Shipping information for customer orders.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 years of age. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
Selling Personal Information
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact: email@example.com
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Some country laws require country specific information in a privacy statement. Please click here to read that information for those countries.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. We cooperate with country data protection authorities if they believe that a privacy problem has occurred.
Botanical Beach Babes, LLC - IP Dept.
10940 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1600
Los Angeles, CA 90024 U.S.A.
We participate in the U.S. Council of Better Business Bureau’s (BBB) Accredited Business Program. Further information about this program and its dispute resolution process is available at www.bbb.org.
Botanical Beach Babes has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU Privacy Shield, operated by BBB National Programs. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit https://bbbprograms.org/privacy-shield-complaints/for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, EU individuals may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.
Information We Collect
Information we collect directly from you: We collect information directly from you when you choose to participate in our offers and programs or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- Name, email address, postal address
- Username and password
- Phone number or mobile number
- Date of birth
- Name of your Global Brand Ambassador
- Other information about you and your family such as gender or product use preferences and/or behaviors
- Demographic information
- Future communication preferences
- Contact information for friends you may wish us, or your Global Brand Ambassador to contact. When you provide us information for these refer-a-friend messages we use the information only to send the message you request.
- Your browser type and operating system
- Web pages you view
- Links you click
- IP address
- Site you visited before coming to our site
- Botanical Beach Babes emails you open and/or forward
- Botanical Beach Babes offers or links you connect to via emails
- Information about your visits to the Personal Web Site of your Global Brand Ambassadors
- Your product selections and preferences
How We Use This Information
The following are specific ways we may use the information we collect about you:
- Send samples, products and information upon request
- Develop new and enhanced products and services
- Enroll you in contests, programs, or offers you request or at the request of your Global Brand Ambassador
- In connection with services we offer to your Global Brand Ambassador
- Create and manage your account and/or the account of your Global Brand Ambassador
- Process payment for purchases or other services for or on behalf of your Global Brand Ambassador
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions
- Where permitted by law, provide you with customized, unsolicited offers and information about Botanical Beach Babes products and services through postal mail, including in connection with services provided to your Brand Ambassador
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests
- Analyze the use of our products, services, and sites
- Understand how you arrived at our site and how you use the site so that we can make it better
- Determine the effectiveness of our advertising
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business
Your Choices & Access to Your Information
Digital and Electronic Communications: We only send you promotional mobile or email messages if you ask to receive these from us or if your Global Brand Ambassador asks us to send them to you.
You can stop receiving promotional mobile and email messages from Botanical Beach Babes at any time. Follow the opt out or unsubscribe instructions provided in any such message you receive from us or click here to find out additional information about how to let us know which materials you no longer wish to receive.
If you provided information to Global Brand Ambassadors through their Personal Web Site, you can click here for information on how you may submit a request to your Global Brand Ambassador regarding your preferences to receive or not receive communications from her through their Personal Web Site.
PLEASE NOTE: If you choose to stop receiving promotional messages from us, we will honor your request. However, we will continue to send you service related communications as authorized by law. We may need to keep the information we have collected about you for record keeping, analysis or other reasons, to the extent permitted by law.
Access: We acknowledge the right of individuals to access their personal information. We take steps to keep your personal information accurate. You can view, correct or update the personal contact information you provide to Botanical Beach Babes. Some Botanical Beach Babes programs provide access to view or update personal information online. Check where you registered to learn if you can view or update your information there. If you provided your information to an Global Brand Ambassador through her Personal Web Site, please contact her directly to update your personal information.
Cookies, Web Beacons and other Technologies
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Web Beacons: Web beacons are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails. We may use web beacons to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, and to understand usage patterns. We also may include web beacons in e-mails to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
You can disable the ability of web beacons to capture information in this manner by declining cookies as described above.
Other Technologies: Examples of other technologies we may use to provide better service to you follow:
- Web Session Variables: Information that is passed from one web URL to another as you browse.
- Browser plug-ins/add-ons: Additional web components that may need to be installed to enable certain web features on our sites. You have the option not to install these components.
Third-party service providers: We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf and may need to share your personal information with them. Please note that we provide our service providers with only the personal information they need to perform their services and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, we may rely on a service provider to:
- Fulfill your product and service requests and answer your questions.
- Host our sites and deliver our email and mobile messages.
- Mail product samples, contact contest winners, manage payments or take other actions on our behalf.
- Analyze data, sometimes combined with other sources, to send more targeted communications to you.
- Conduct research and analyze data to improve our products, services and sites.
Other situations we may disclose your personal information:
- Where permitted by law, to protect and defend the rights and property of Botanical Beach Babes (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions and Agreements).
- And when required by law, and/or public authorities.
Aggregated and non-personal information: We may share aggregated information that does not identify you for general business analysis. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to Botanical Beach Babes sites or services.
Pursuant to the Privacy Shield, Botanical Beach Babes remains liable for the transfer of personal data to third parties acting as our agents unless we can prove we were not a party to the events giving rise to the damages.
We limit access to personal information to those who have a business need. We keep personal information only for a reasonably needed amount of time.
When we provide your personal information to our third-party service providers we require those companies to protect the information and to not use the information for any other purpose.
When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit card number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information.
Please note that we may be required to release an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We take steps to protect personal information. Regardless of where this information is stored or transferred, we have the appropriate procedures and controls to help ensure your personal information is protected.
We adhere to country data privacy laws including the EU Data Privacy Directive, as well as the U.S. Department of Commerce EU-U.S. Privacy Shield.
We may transfer personal information to Botanical Beach Babes databases in countries other than where it was provided. Our Global Privacy Program requires the same high level of security and protection of personal information in all geographies with procedures and contracts in place to help ensure this is so. Data may be transferred to a vendor or business partner to provide services for Botanical Beach Babes, such as targeted email communications, mailing information or samples. These vendors and business partners are required to protect and manage the personal information to the same high standards Botanical Beach Babes does, and they cannot use the information for purposes other than to provide the services Botanical Beach Babes has requested. For additional information regarding data transfers click here for country specific information.
Last updated: February 2022
2022 Update: The following updates were designed to connect privacy compliance efforts in all Botanical Beach Babes markets around the world, and to provide brand ambassadors, consumers, employees and others who may visit our websites with a central location from which they can obtain information about our policies and their rights with regard to personal data. These changes may also include updates in compliance with changes to laws in many of the countries in which Botanical Beach Babes has operations.